StickC - Serial Problems

• Ordered StickC from Amazon. Label on plastic box: @1043907@07-02.

Can't get a COM port on Windows 10. Most of the time 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)', so I can't even install the correct driver. Works sometimes on OSX. Used M5Burner to flash 1.4.0-b, then 1.3.2 after 10 tries. I want to reflash with 1.3.2. But now all I get is: 'Could not configure port (6, Device Not Configured).

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Chris

• Tried again on PC, came up as 'USB Serial Device'. Installed 'FT4222 Mode 3 Device' driver 2.12.0.0. Got a COM port. Kind of works. Mostly it keeps disconnecting/reconnecting.

I can no longer see the device on OSX 10.14.6. Nothing pops up in security about CP driver.

• Flipped USB-C cable around, now it is showing up in OSX.

Going to stick ... ha... with Arduino IDE for now.

• @cmisztur said in StickC - Serial Problems:

Flipped USB-C cable around, now it is showing up in OSX.

Going to stick ... ha... with Arduino IDE for now.

I'm assuming you are you the lead that came with the Stick?
    If the issue pops up again try a new high quality lead as this is a known issue with cheep leads.
    Also mark the usbc end so that you know which way around it should be.

• Used the cable that came with it, marked M5. I don't know that is the issue. Before I really had a hard time I modified boot.py and noticed I was getting a GURU error, so ESP was stuck in a never ending reboot.

• Same story this morning. Last night flashed the Arduino FactoryTest. This morning trying to get this thing connected on Windows, which is where I flashed it last night.

0_1568568983861_a0b9581c-aa3b-411a-8ab4-697877719d87-image.png

0_1568569295229_5c93d4f6-596d-48b5-ad38-984b6fee0cbb-image.png

• Got another one from Amazon and this one works just fine. Chalking it up to busted during shipping :).

• @cmisztur said in StickC - Serial Problems:

Got another one from Amazon and this one works just fine. Chalking it up to busted during shipping :).

Stick or lead?
    also don't edit boot.py

• @ajb2k3 Tried a different cable, so I'm assuming stick. Why not edit boot.py. It's micropython, as long as I call the M5 libs during the process, everything should work as intended.