Charging external batteries type 18650 from usb , M5stack

• I want to do a project based on the M5stack and would like to inform myself if it is possible to recharge an external battery of type 18650 , 3000 mA/h , with the usb from the M5stack. I see in the documentation that is possible to 2.1 A , but I want to be sure .
    0_1585591487884_Captura.PNG

• it should be possible if the battery is connected to the internal battery pins on the main pcb but it is untested.
    hmn, I should look into it for one of my projects as that would save some extra hardware.

• We do not recommend you use the M5Stack Core to charge the 18650, it does not have battery protection. You can charge it with our PowerC product, which has a lithium battery protection circuit.

• @m5stack said in Charging external batteries type 18650 from usb , M5stack:

PowerC
    Thank you for your feedback, ajb2k3 and m5stack.
    The Power C is small for the actual project , it is probably better to use standard hardware for charging and only connect the 3.3v voltage on the M5stack. An example like the one I attach photo. But now I think, the output voltage I should use is the 3.3 v and not the 5v. That's it correct?
    0_1585852007603_Captura.PNG image url)

• @matorra I don't understand why you need to output 3.3V voltage. On the M5Core, it is powered by 5V.

• Thank you very much for your answers help me understand this hardware.
    Yes, that's my question. Use M5stack regulator to power the M5Stack and not from charger .
    In this case and, it is a last question about this, there will be no problems with the USB input if it is powered by an external battery. In some other case I have had problems connecting the USB, because both 5v sometimes are not exactly and that small difference produced power noises by connecting the USB, and sometimes reestorting the unit.

Best regards