m5 burner and firmware

• @jimw
    Hello, have the same, but where to find it ?

Cheers,

Jan

• @powersoft said in m5 burner and firmware:

@jimw
    Hello, have the same, but where to find it ?

Cheers,

Jan
    on the web page www.m5stack.com. go to support and then downloads and click on the M5Burner version for you computers operating system and load it.
    Once M5Burner loads up click the firmware in the firmware list on the left of the screen to download it.

Plug in M5Stack or M5Stick and erase.
    At the top of the screen is a drop down box for devices, select your M5Stack or M5Stick and then click burn to write the firmware.

Please not: the screen does not all ways auto scroll the messages and so you may have to manually scroll the message box to find out when writing of the firmware is complete.

• Hello,
    I'm also having a problem updating the firmware.
    I'm running MacOS 10.13.6, and have installed the driver, and tried to run the M5Burner.
    I think there are 2 problems:

1. The COM port lists "/dev/tty.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port", which is surely wrong?
    2. When I click the download button for UIFlow-v1.3.2, it seems to finish quickly, and when I click "Burn" it says "You must download the firmware before burn it."

For 2 I assume the download has failed, but it doesn't display any error. Where should the downloaded files be stored?

Thanks,

Chris

• @chrisc yes, blooth-incomming port is the macs bluetooth reciever.
    check your lead, the usb c end can be rotated. try the C plug upside down in the m5.
    if this doesn't work, try a new lead.

• @ajb2k3 Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, it was the cable that came with the device that was the problem, maybe it's charge only and not data :(
    It's now showing up as "/dev/tty.SLAB_USBtoUART" in the COM port list, but the download still fails :(
    On Ubuntu 16 the serial driver compiles, but doesn't load due to "unknown symbols"... time to find a windows computer <sigh>

• @chrisc leads are normally the issue.
    have you actually downloaded the firmware by clicking the listing on the left?
    You also need to erase the existing firmware before writing new firmware.

• @ajb2k3 said in m5 burner and firmware:

@chrisc leads are normally the issue.
    have you actually downloaded the firmware by clicking the listing on the left?

Yes, and on Mac OS nothing happens :(

You also need to erase the existing firmware before writing new firmware.

On Windows 10 I get the little green bar that while it's downloading. On Mac OS this doesn't display. Anyway, it seems to have updated via windows, so I won't bother trying to do it on Mac again.
    Thanks for your help.

Chris

• @chrisc I'm just running through steps here. I'm running osx and have it working.

• Hello, i have the same problem on mac osX with the last M5burner. When i try to download firmewire, nothing happens...

• @ChrisC @Farmeuhly Try to move m5burner to the Applicatioins directory.

• @ozbk said in m5 burner and firmware:

@ChrisC @Farmeuhly Try to move m5burner to the Applicatioins directory.

I had the same problem and it solved it! Thanks!

• @ozbk Moving to Applications directory helped! Thanks for sharing the tip!