issue compiling m5stickc joyc.ino in arduino.

• I dont know if this is the right place to post it but.

I downloaded the newest files for joyC and roverC due to the fact my roverC and joyC should be arriving soon, roverC does compile. joyC does not. the errors I get.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), TD: 1.47-beta7, Board: "M5Stick-C, Default, 1500000, None"

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'void JoyC::SetLedColor(uint32_t)':

JoyC.cpp:31:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.writeBytes(JOYC_ADDR, JOYC_COLOR_REG, color_buff, 3);

^

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t JoyC::GetX(uint8_t)':

JoyC.cpp:39:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.readByte(JOYC_ADDR, read_reg, &value);

^

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t JoyC::GetY(uint8_t)':

JoyC.cpp:48:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.readByte(JOYC_ADDR, read_reg, &value);

^

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t JoyC::GetAngle(uint8_t)':

JoyC.cpp:57:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.readBytes(JOYC_ADDR, read_reg, 2, i2c_read_buff);

^

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'uint16_t JoyC::GetDistance(uint8_t)':

JoyC.cpp:66:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.readBytes(JOYC_ADDR, read_reg, 2, i2c_read_buff);

^

C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_959934\sketch\JoyC.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t JoyC::GetPress(uint8_t)':

JoyC.cpp:73:8: error: 'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

M5.I2C.readByte(JOYC_ADDR, JOYC_PRESS_REG, &press_value);

^

Using library M5StickC at version 0.1.1 in folder: C:\Users\admin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\M5StickC
    Using library Wire at version 1.0.1 in folder: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.4\libraries\Wire
    Using library SPI at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.4\libraries\SPI
    Using library FS at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\1.0.4\libraries\FS
    exit status 1
    'class M5StickC' has no member named 'I2C'

let me know what I need to do to fix it? there doesnt seem to be a update for the m5stickC lib so not sure what else to do..

• @firehopper I solved the problem by downloading the M5StickC Master from GitHub (https://github.com/m5stack/M5StickC) and use the library from there in my project. The M5.I2C Method is quite new as you can see here: https://github.com/m5stack/M5StickC/commit/6e590f8e4ed5ffaaf989af7628bf421587e15eb8

• @hague that fixed it, thanks!

• hi thanks your feedback , i will contact to the engineer.

• @m5stack Any idea when that engineer will add I2C to the M5StickC Plus? I just added it to my own copy and it only took 15 minutes. It'd make a lot more M5StickC programs compatible with the Plus too!