Separate firmware from M5burner

• Would it be possible to get the firmware from M5Burner as to make possible for those of us that can not run m5burner on our machines?

That way we could load them with esptool or similar.

Thanks

• What machine can you not run M5Burner on? It’s supported on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Curious what else you might be using.

Anyway, you should be able to download M5Burner and extract the firmware from it, at least for Mac or Linux. Not sure about Windows... I’m a Mac guy.

• @world101 hi!

Well linux is a wide word. I am on chromebook, it does have linux, but it is arm architecture. Also wont run on raspberry as far as i know. Pops out a lot of errors, i tried installing as much support libraries as i could.

• If your on mac the downloaded firmwares can be found by right clicking M5Burner selecting "Show Package contents" then clicking through to Contents > Resources > Packages > fw then you will find the firmware files in each respective core folders. I don't have a linux machine handy at the moment but perhaps the folder structure is similar

• Thanks Lukas!
    Yes what i did is i used my wife Windows machine to install M5Burner and i downloded all the firmwares for all devices then went to the directory and copied them to an sd card to have on my Chromebook.

• @world101 It doesn't run on one of our students Windows 10 32bit machine

• @jimwsmith said in Separate firmware from M5burner:

@world101 It doesn't run on one of our students Windows 10 32bit machine

Does it generate an error message to say why it doesn't run?
    There are many many reasons why it could fail.

• M5Burner and UiFlow desktop only run on 64bit version of Windows 10.

• @bricoms said in Separate firmware from M5burner:

Thanks Lukas!
    Yes what i did is i used my wife Windows machine to install M5Burner and i downloded all the firmwares for all devices then went to the directory and copied them to an sd card to have on my Chromebook.

I did something very similar. The M5Burner program had no problem downloading the firmware when running from the Crostini shell on the Chromebook, but threw a weird error while trying to flash the firmware on every device I own. After fiddling around with it way too long, I finally gave up and just flashed the firmware using the esptool. They get downloaded into a pretty handy directory structure from whereever you run the M5Flasher from. Here are a few from my projects:
    ./M5Burner/packages/fw/core/SonicTheHedgehog-v1.0.bin
    ./M5Burner/packages/fw/core/UIFlow_Fire-v1.7.2-fire.bin
    ./M5Burner/packages/fw/stickc/UIFlow_StickC_Plus-v1.7.2-plus.bin
    ./M5Burner/packages/fw/atom/UIFlow_Lite-v1.7.2.bin
    ./M5Burner/packages/fw/atom/UIFlow_Lite-v1.7.2.bin

• @scottknight Hey hi,
    I just changed my chromebook to an Intel based one. But the ARM one did not even run M5Burner.

So yes... if your CHromebook is Intel processor based, you can run m5burner.

Thanks for the listing of directories for using the firmware directly with esptool