Space Program in a Box

• I’ve previously put flown a couple of high altitude weather balloons with a collection of instruments and cameras. In the past, I’ve used a variety of arguing-compatible controllers and sensors to collect GPS position, speed, humidity, barometric pressure, temperature, etc. I’ve also included 3 or more el-cheap action cameras (Go Pro clones) which I’ve activated and controlled either directly, or in one case, using servos.

I’d like to recreate this as a “kit” of M5 components that I can package with a small styrofoam container, keeping the total weight down so I can include the smallest practical balloon.

So, I’m thinking a parts list that would include something like: M5 Stick C, 2 ENV III sensors (one for inside, one for outside of capsule), Mini GPS/BDS, and a fisheye camera module.

But I’m having trouble with the most basic thing: how to hook them together. I had assumed I could use a hub, but haven’t been able to get even the ENV + GPS working… and no clue how to integrate the camera. Any advice to get this “off the ground?”

• And sorry. I meant to put this topic in “projects” but somehow hit the wrong spot. That’s what happens when me and my giant fingers try to do something on a phone.

• @devilstower said in Space Program in a Box:

And sorry. I meant to put this topic in “projects” but somehow hit the wrong spot. That’s what happens when me and my giant fingers try to do something on a phone.

There you go, all moved.

if you look at the grove connector you will notice that they are colour coded.
    The GPS unit has a Blue connector which makes it a Port C device, the ENVIII has a red connector which makes it a Port A device. Port C devices don't have hubs as need to be connected directly to port C where as ENVIII can be connected via a HubA.
    I see you are using a StickC, You will need to try connecting it to the connector on the top (HAT connector)