How change add QMP6988 from 0x70 to 0x56?

• Hi all guys.

I will explain my problem right away. Through arduino I am trying to connect several sensors including the ENV3 to the PaHUB. But with the ENV3 I am experiencing a communication problem this is because QMP6988 and PaHUB communicate on the same address and this does not allow my M5Stickc Plus to receive the pressure value. Is there any way to change the communication address of the QMP6988?
    Thank you in advance,
    Sincerely
    Nicholas.

• Hello
    Have you or anyone else found a solution? Would be glad to have it. Thanks.
    Greetings

• Hello guys

According to the datasheet in I2C mode pin 5 selects the address. According to the schematic by default it is connected to GND (=0x70) and in order to change the address to 0x56 you would need to connect it to VDDIO (aka 3.3 V).

I don't have an ENV III so I don't know if pin 5 is accessible or not.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue said in How change add QMP6988 from 0x70 to 0x56?:

Hello guys
    According to the datasheet in I2C mode pin 5 selects the address. According to the schematic by default it is connected to GND (=0x70) and in order to change the address to 0x56 you would need to connect it to VDDIO (aka 3.3 V).
    I don't have an ENV III so I don't know if pin 5 is accessible or not.
    Thanks
    Felix

Hello Felix

Thanks for the answer. Do I understand correctly that it can only be changed via hardware? So not via a software like Arduino IDE?

Greetings

• Hello @gunnm

yes, that is my understanding from reading the datasheet. The I2C address can only be changed via hardware.

Thanks
    Felix