Heart Rate Unit

• Hello, I received my Heart Rate Unit today and tried using it with my Core2 which has an M5Go Bottom fitted.
    The sample program on UI flow loaded but the results that I am getting for my heart rate very between 58 to 208 beets per minute when I continue to put my finger on the sensor. There is no consistency with the readings.
    Also my 02 level readings very between 89 to 98, again when I am making repeated readings.
    Do you think my unit is faulty?

• @kombistack HI!
    Pulse oximetry, both rate and saturation detection is very tricky and subject to wild variations with changes in contact pressure and this is why the finger tip units are sprung and clip on, requiring you to be as still as possible!!!
    You can put the readings out to the Arduino "Serial Plotter" and see this very clearly.
    Hope this helps-Terry

• Thanks teastain,
    yes the heart rate unit is useless. It does not produce accurate results no matter how much you try and adapt the way you use it.

• @kombistack Cheers!

• Have you checked with a second calibrated SPO2 meter (shop brought not home or kit made)?
    Have you calibrated the heart monitor before use?
    Have you tested on another person?
    Not everyone is the same and more and more people find that barometric devices don't work?

• @ajb2k3
    Thanks for the advice but I am hardly going to buy a shop brought SPO2 meter to check the M5 Heart Rate unit against.
    Calibrating the unit?? No instructions were provided with the unit to do this.
    I persisted testing it on myself many times and there is no way my heart rate fluctuates between 60 and 210.
    Anyway M5Stack guys were helpful in trying to assist me too so that was also appreciated.

• @kombistack said in Heart Rate Unit:

@ajb2k3
    Thanks for the advice but I am hardly going to buy a shop brought SPO2 meter to check the M5 Heart Rate unit against.
    Calibrating the unit?? No instructions were provided with the unit to do this.
    I persisted testing it on myself many times and there is no way my heart rate fluctuates between 60 and 210.
    Anyway M5Stack guys were helpful in trying to assist me too so that was also appreciated.

Nope but if you read the data sheet for the SPo2 then it says it needs calibrating.