Atom Lite not connecting as local Access Point on WiFi

• Just received my Atom Lite today and starting to learn programming. I copied the example WiFiAccessPoint sketch into my Aduino IDE v1.8.19, inserted my own SSID and password, and uploaded to the Atom. The results I got from the serial monitor:

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
    configsip: 188777542, SPIWP:0xee
    clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
    mode:DIO, clock div:1
    load:0x3fff0030,len:1184
    load:0x40078000,len:12812
    load:0x40080400,len:3032
    entry 0x400805e4
    M5Atom initializing...OK

WIFI ACCESS POINT
    Please connect:xxxxxxxx //this was my correct SSID
    Then access to:192.168.4.1 //I have no idea where this IPAdd came from - I didn't enter it

And here it sits. I haven't a clue what to do next - I tried entering the SSID &/or password in the "send" box on the serial monitor, but nothing seemed to happen. My home network does NOT use the same IP format - my local devices are all 10.0.0.xxx.

I apologize if I seem clueless - I really am! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• If you compile the example WiFiAccessPoint then it means the Atom turns into a WiFiAccessPoint. If you entering the same SSID and PW as your home Wifi then it means you are creating an additional access point on the Atom with the same name as the existing one. This may be confusing. The IP Address of 192.168.4.1 is the local address of the Atom now. Change the SSID on the Atom to something else to avoid the confusing.
    To connect your Atom to the existing wifi you need a WifiClient sketch or any firmware like UIFlow that has one included. After connection to your home Wifi the Atom gets an IP Adress from your home DHCP Server which is running on the Wifi Router in most cases. This should be one in the 10.0.0.xxx range if this is your home network.

• @holofloh Ahh, thank you! I think I understand a little better now. I think I misunderstood exactly what an access point was supposed to do. I'll try your suggestions and let you know how it works.
    Thanks again!