Cardputer COM Not Working

• @has-oliveira who are you on the cardputer discord

• @has-oliveira Tried multiple cables, no one worked. Did you used any specific brand?

• @hanktttop have you used the firmware flashing method I posted in the forum?

• @ajb2k3 Yup, I think this thread have (almost) all the possible methods of flashing the cardputer. Tried all posted here, the one on the FAQ, some I saw on other threads and Reddit (all very similar, just changing the order of pressing the buttons), some suggested on Github, etc. :(

• Updating: After buying another batch of cables, I finally got a connection and can install firmware on the cardputer. For reference, it was this cable here. There is no specification, it is one of the cheapest you can find. With it, I just pressed BtnGo and connected. In fact, the S3's LED did not blink or light up at any time.

Thanks everyone for the comments, it was a long thread. xD
    Maybe we can learn with types of cable doesn't work with cardputer and why they don't work after all. xD

• Might be a stupid question but did you make sure all the tested cables were data cables and there are quite a lot of charge only cables.
    Glad you finally got it working.

• @ajb2k3 Yes, I tested the first time this was suggested. In fact, the first cable I was using was just for charging a portable gaming console. Then I tried a few more, inclund cables for smartphones, external drives, etc. And I tested then on their specific devices, everything normal.

No idea why the cheapest one worked on cardputer, though.

• @hanktttop said in Cardputer COM Not Working:

@ajb2k3 Yes, I tested the first time this was suggested. In fact, the first cable I was using was just for charging a portable gaming console. Then I tried a few more, inclund cables for smartphones, external drives, etc. And I tested then on their specific devices, everything normal.

No idea why the cheapest one worked on cardputer, though.

I'm glad you have it working now...mark this cable up as Cardputer saver cable

• @ajb2k3 Sorry delay, my nick is has.oliveira

• @hanktttop

• Connect the Cardputer on the PC,
    • Open the Device Manager
    • View > Show Hidden Devices
    • Try Hold the G0 and click RST until the USB JTAB becomes enable

• @leazevi
    The issue is that the drivers are not being recognised by Windows 10 when the cardputer is not connected and so when it is connected via USB and G0 + RST are pressed USB JTAB is not activated. There is a permanent yellow triangle next to whatever flavour of CP210X driver is installed.
    I now believe that the CP2102 driver not being recognised by Windows 10/11 is a read herring and I wasted a lot of time in research on the web to try to get it going. In the end I got a 'fat' USBA-USBC cable capable of fast data and 60W power charging.
    I then did as you suggested and immediately Windows recognised the device and assigned it a COM Port.
    Many thanks for your help

• The CP210X is not used as the StampS3 has it own internal USB >TTL converter.

• I was also getting the "not in bootloader mode" error as well - and with a very trusted USB-C to USB-C cable! Then remembered I had the FlipperZero box with me and tried that cable - which WORKED! So, this is not the main reason to buy one obviously, but if you do have one and you're experiencing this error on a Mac (M1) then this is something to try. The "not in bootloader mode" error is a little misleading in this case as the cardputer was doing its part, but the first "trusted" cable was not!

• Fiz tudo isso e não resolveu. Entretanto, coloquei inserir o cabo e manti pressionado o botão a baixo do adesivo e cliquei em instalar o Nemo. Mantive pressionando até o final da instalação. Após finalizar tudo, eu soltei. Funcionou, graças a Deus!!!

• @ajb2k3 Thank you for that information. I had seen somewhere that a CP2102 driver for windows was necessary, that appears to be not required. After numerous tries with a USB A to USB -C cables which had the data and power wired through, I went and bought a fat cable capable of 60W and fast data - as soon as I pressed G0 and inserted the cable windows immediately assigned a COM Port.
    I am very grateful that you pointed out that the Stamp-S3 has its own built USB>TTL converter!