OSX Firmware uploader editing help and confusion.

• I'm trying to modify the firmware.json file as per your recommendation but hit a large roadblock.

I don't know what files I'm supposed to be adding to the list!

{
            "name": "M5Camera-PSram",
            "version": "v01Cu",
            "path": "M5Camera",
            "commands": [
                "--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud write_flash -z 0x1000 %PATH\\firmware_0x1000.bin",
                "--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud --before default_reset --after no_reset write_flash -z --flash_freq 40m 0x150000 %PATH\\spiffs_image_0x150000.img"
            ]
        }

Posting this now so I don't forget what I'm doing.
    Enjoy the holiday everyone.

• @ajb2k3 looks like your almost there, here's how mine is set up, you need to make sure you put the folder that contains all of the firmware files for the camera firmware into the firmwares folder with all the other firmwares. Then remember what you named the folder and put that folder in the path name. The m5 cam firmware requires three files (bootloader.bin, partitions_singleapp.bin and camera.bin) heres what mine looks like, I will try to get the burner uploaded with the firmware included.

"name": "M5Cam-psram",
            "version": "M5Cam-psram",
            "path": "M5Flow\\M5Cam-psram",
                "--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud write_flash -z 0x1000 %PATH\\bootloader.bin 0x8000 %PATH\\partitions_singleapp.bin 0x10000 %PATH\\camera.bin"
            ]
        }

• @lukasmaximus said in OSX Firmware uploader editing help and confusion.:

@ajb2k3 looks like your almost there, here's how mine is set up, you need to make sure you put the folder that contains all of the firmware files for the camera firmware into the firmwares folder with all the other firmwares. Then remember what you named the folder and put that folder in the path name. The m5 cam firmware requires three files (bootloader.bin, partitions_singleapp.bin and camera.bin) heres what mine looks like, I will try to get the burner uploaded with the firmware included.

"name": "M5Cam-psram",
            "version": "M5Cam-psram",
            "path": "M5Flow\\M5Cam-psram",
                "--chip esp32 --port %port --baud %baud write_flash -z 0x1000 %PATH\\bootloader.bin 0x8000 %PATH\\partitions_singleapp.bin 0x10000 %PATH\\camera.bin"
            ]
        }

Thanks, I was confused over the files and mem locations.

• Its broken again

File "M5Burner.py", line 17, in <module>
        fw_list = json.loads(f.read())
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
        return _default_decoder.decode(s)
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
        obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
      File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
        obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
    ValueError: Expecting , delimiter: line 38 column 1 (char 1675)