Erase UIFlow 2 from M5Dial

• Dears

I'd like to erase the installed UIFlow 2 with the M5Burner or with PlatformIO. Unfortunately, after hundreds of trials I'm still not able to remove the image.

What I did so fare:

Opened the m5burner and pressed the burn button and in the dialog pressed the erase button. Bevor a I'd like to bring the stamp into the upload mode with pressed the BT0, afterwards, a klick on the reset button. I've got the error message:
    "A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: No serial data received. "

Doing the same with the PlattformIO, press BTO and klick the reset button, but still not possible to remove or erase the installed firmware.

thanks for your help!

• you need to plug the dial in, open M5Burner and hold the button for 4 seconds until a green led comes on to get it into boot mode.
    It does take some practice to get the timing correct.

• Thanks, followed your approach, but didn't work. No green led comes up.

Means plug in, press BTNO on the stamps3 and waited for 4 or more seconds. Also open ed M5Burner between the plug in and the pressed the button, or also tried to have m5burner already open, all variations have no success.

• Hello @haeberle

from the M5Dial documentation: If you want to enter download mode, press and hold the G0 button on StampS3 before turning it on, then release it after powering it on.

Translation: unplug USB, press and hold G0 button, plug USB, release G0 button -> M5Dial should now be in download mode.

@ajb2k3 : M5Dial (and other M5StampS3 based cores) do not have the download mechanism with the green LED.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi Felix

no success, also tried with another PC and PlatformIO. Maybe the button is broken

• Ok so just tested and you have to hold the button on the stamp in (very stiff) and then pug in.
    M5Burner will pup up a blue box to say device detected.

If that doesn't work, remove the retension plate holding the Stamp in, gently lift out the stamp, remove the voter to access the button and then try again.

The orange plastic is stiff compared to the gray plastic cover.

• indeed, is very stiff, but now it works. thanks a lot gents.