Losing time?

• I am writing an Arduino Time Library for ESP32. In the process of testing, I notice that the millis() counter on the M5Stack is fairly precise except it stops for 300 and sometimes 1300 ms all of a sudden, but only every once in a while. (maybe every 40 minutes so, but it seems to vary with what's running on it.) Does anyone (maybe at M5Stack?) have any idea what could be causing this?

• @ropLosing time? 中说:

I am writing an Arduino Time Library for ESP32. In the process of testing, I notice that the millis() counter on the M5Stack is fairly precise except it stops for 300 and sometimes 1300 ms all of a sudden, but only every once in a while. (maybe every 40 minutes so, but it seems to vary with what's running on it.) Does anyone (maybe at M5Stack?) have any idea what could be causing this?

Random odd behavior on various functions.
    This is one of the reasons why i moved from arduino framework to ESP-IDF for my esp32 based projects...

• @calin Yes, I am beginning to see more of that logic. But I so like to make Arduino libraries... :/

I am hoping to be able to interface with the underlying esp timers and RTC and still offer that in the arduino world. Reading lots...