M5Stack UnitV2 for Raspberry pi

• Hi, we have a project in school and I want to dive into image recognition. I do not have any experiences with Rpi, and even arduino. I also do not have any skills in coding and in electronics, I am just starting right now. I am currently finding camera modules for Rpi3 Model B so I could use it to recognize waste materials (biodeg, nonbiodeg, and recyclable). But the camera module v2 is out-of-stock in my country. I saw M5Stack UnitV2 in a website and thought it could be an alternative for camera module v2.

Question: Can M5Stack UnitV2 work with Rpi3 Model B? Can it identify waste such as plastic bottles and send the data to my Rpi3 to use as a reference to command my outputs (i.e. DC motor)? For example, Banana --> Biodegradable --> open door for biodegradable bin.

Is there anyway to do that? I am sorry for my noob questions. I just started studying last week, from Arduino then I moved to Rpi because a friend told me Rpi is better for image recognition.

Thank you!

• The V2 is designed for that however there are a few issues you need to overcome.
    1, it does not connect to the pi like a pi camera.
    2, there is a steep learning curve when it come to programming.

if you were looking for a quick fix for image recognition then I'm sorry it cant help. I have been struggle to understand it for a long time and I still have the V1

Unfortunately due to the component crises the RPI issue is bad however wave share do a better resolution camera replacement to the official RPI camera2