Core2 + RS232F Module 13.2 UART2 not possible?

• I have looked at the examples and the flow example indicates using uart2 and pins 16/17 on M5Stack Core.
    But according to documentation it is not the same pins for Core2 where uart2 is on 13/14 but pin 14 TX is not selectable on the dipswithes.

I tried to use UART 1 on 1/3 but I have some issues with baud setting up 9600/7/1 None correctly on this port I think, and if I connect usb it stops working so...

What am I doing wrong? Has anybody used the RS232 unit with core2?

• Hello @Hnerik-Schmidt

have a look at the topside of the module where the different GPIOs for different cores (M5Stack aka Core; M5Core2 aka Core2; M5CoreS3 aka CoreS3) are explained.

Note: The dip switches are labelled for M5Stack (Core) only.

So in order for M5Core2 to use GPIO13 and GPIO14 you'll need to set dip switch GPIO16 and GPIO17 to on.

Thanks
    Felix

• deleted

• Ok so I might maybe probably have figured it out now.
    I compared the GPIO pinout of core and core2 and they have moved the pins on core2 to corespond to the same pins so what was said earlier that I should dipswitch the rs232 thing to 16/17 is correct.
    but at the same time the program should say 13/14. then it seems to play nicely,

• Hello @Hnerik-Schmidt

correct. I know it is a bit confusing. Most (if not all) modules have their GPIOs labelled for M5Stack (Core) and need some 'translation' when used with M5Core2 (Core2) or M5CoreS3 (CoreS3).

Note: M5Core2 (Core2) has internal PSRAM and while most ESP32 GPIOs can be reassigned for various functions, PSRAM can only be used with GPIO16 / 17. That is the reason M5Stack engineers replaced them with GPIO13 / 14 on the M5Stack bus.

Thanks
    Felix