Compatibility with the Stepmotor driver module 13.2 v1.1

• Hi everyone

I'm working with a Core 2 controller and a Stepper Motor Driver Module 13.2 v1.1. Can anyone confirm if these two are compatible? My setup includes a 12V, 3A power source and I’m programming via USB-C. The stepper motor in use is a NEMA 17 pancake model.

I’ve encountered an issue when running a basic script in UIFlow that sets the address and step pulse frequency. An error message appears: 'Module Stepper Motor maybe not connected.' Is there a compatibility issue between the Core 2 and the driver module, or could it be a problem with the stepper motor itself? If they are incompatible, what stepper motor driver module would work with the Core 2, or alternatively, which controller should I use with the Stepper Motor Driver Module 13.2 v1.1?

Thank you for your help

• Sometimes the module does connect properly so make sure the module is secure to the core without the base. If still not working check the MBus pins for the two devices match.

• Thank you so much for the quick response. Indeed, the pins for the I2C communication are not matching. Given that the only marking on the module is '5V' and I2C, is it possible to reroute the wiring of the I2C from the back of the driver module? Also, I noticed a Core2 mark on the driver—does this have implications of how the Core 2 should be connected?

Thanks again for all the support

0_1713368285733_65ec1899-dcd0-4ba7-abce-7155ee95ef83-image.png