Env vs Hat Env

• Hey all,

finally i have some time to play with Env Hat, at first time there was some strange readings +-5% diff then normal env.
    Now there was time to check this out and here it is:
    text alternatywny
    and HW inside:
    text alternatywny

HW info:
    M5StickC ENV Hat (DHT12, BMP280, BMM150)
    ENV Unit with Temperature Humidity Pressure Sensor (DHT12+BMP280)

Inside ENV Hat we have DHT12 without blue case du the size, but why there is so big difference between normal Env ?

Any clue ?

Just BTW i have 3 Env Hat and all works in same way.

Regards

• If you have the OLED and WiFi on, the heat they produce will skew the results. I connect the ENV hat to my Stick C with wires, and I get different, lower-temp results.

• Ok let me try it. So the whole clue of env hat should come with some kind of shield to eliminate heat from stick.

• @dda said in Env vs Hat Env:

If you have the OLED and WiFi on, the heat they produce will skew the results. I connect the ENV hat to my Stick C with wires, and I get different, lower-temp results.

So after test with extra cables all is ok when hat is moved out from stick.

But this is a main clue of hat to stick it in to StickC without extra lobg cable.

@lukasmaximus please comment this, for me this looks like design issue.

• @mati

Can you tell me how to compile the code I am confused on how to bring the code into the Arduino IDE.

I created a main sketch and then copied the code into Mstickc_ENVHat, I also created 4 tabs.. DHT12.cpp, DHT12.h, and bmm150.cpp, and bmm150.h, and bmm150_defs.h...

I get errors

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_90317\sketch\MstickC_ENVhat.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z4loopv+0x34): undefined reference to `DHT12::readTemperature(unsigned char)'

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_90317\sketch\MstickC_ENVhat.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z4loopv+0x38): undefined reference to `DHT12::readHumidity()'

• @grlind well its simple UIFlow drag and drop showcase.
    I will try to do same in arduino today.

• @mati I have mentioned this to Jimmi, and his answer basically was, well don't use wifi and OLED. Not exactly a practical answer. I'd rather have a long hat, isolating the DHT and BMP from the heat.

• @dda said in Env vs Hat Env:

@mati I have mentioned this to Jimmi, and his answer basically was, well don't use wifi and OLED. Not exactly a practical answer. I'd rather have a long hat, isolating the DHT and BMP from the heat.

rlly ?! hmm what's the point of making HAT with req extra cable to unHAT it :D
    ok let's end this topic as a lesson. thx @dda for info.

• @grlind I was able to get to work in Ardunio I just combine the DHT into the main sketch all things good though the pressure reading are off... I owuld like to see the uflow - I have not done anything in uflow want to try it.. Is your code posted somewhere?