GoPlus motor driver module; power supply and akku

• I have a M5Stack Fire core - that has a akku pack included.
    I have the GoPlus motor driver module. There is a connector for an external power supply (I think TX30)
    I have 2 questions:

1. If I connect an external power supply to the motor driver module can that power the complete system - charge the build in FIRE accu ?
    2. If I connect a USB power supply the the FIRE akku unit - can this drive my motors / servos ?

I'm not sure if I have to use 2 different power supplies (one motor / one M5stack) or if one external supply will be ok.

K.D.

• Hello @ramaker

from looking at both schematics (M5Core Fire and GoPlus) I'd say:

1. An external power supply will power the M5Core Fire, but it won't charge the battery. (If you look at the M5Core Fire schematic you'll see that only USB can charge the battery, but not the 5 volts coming from the GoPlus).

2. Depends on the motors and the USB power supply. If the USB power supply is strong enough it should be able to power both, M5CoreFire and the motor.

The voltage for the motor will be lower with option 2 - probably in the area of 4.6 volts. Whereas with option 1 it will be in the area of 6 volts.

Please note: I derived all of the above information purely from looking at the schematics as I don't have the GoPlus module myself, so I could be missing something and my conclusions could be incorrect.

Thanks
    Felix