Sudoku app for M5Paper
Source available here: https://github.com/murraypaul/M5Sudoku
Sudoku application for M5Paper
Can generate uniquely solveable Sudoku puzzles, targetting a given number of clues, to act as a difficulty setting.
At any point, can validate that the puzzle is still solvable.
Can mark squares as either a known value, or a set of possible values.
Can save and reload current state to EEPROM.
Will automatically shutdown and save state after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Selecting a square in the large grid will display it in the small grid on the right
- The selected square is highlighted in the large grid
- You can use the small grid to either set a single known value for the square, or select multiple possible values
- It may not be possible to generate a uniquely solveable puzzle of the given numbers of clues in the time requested
- In this situation, the puzzle with the lowest number of clues that still gives a unqiue solution will be returned
- The fewer target clues you ask for, the longer it will take to generate the puzzle
- The 'Validate' button will confirm that the puzzle is still uniquely solveable
- The 'Clue' button will fill in one randon unsolved square
- Over time the screen may get a bit muddy, due to the fast refresh option used on the EPD screen
- The 'Validate' button will also do a full screen slow refresh, which will clean up the display
felmue last edited by
this is very cool. Nicely done.
When I compile it in PlatformIO I get a couple of errors. I've fixed them and made a pull-request for you to consider.
Thanks a lot!
@felmue I'll try to get PlatformIO set up and take a look, thanks,
@felmue I've updated the code, it should now compile with no warnings in PlatformIO.
felmue last edited by
IAMLIUBO last edited by
Great, thanks for sharing.
ekalfwonS last edited by ekalfwonS
I've been trying to get this to compile/install using the Arduino IDE and i'm not getting anywhere... Once installed, the M5Paper just continuously reboots, flashing the screen on and off.
Watching the serial monitor I see this repeated on each reboot... Any suggestions?
Guru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (LoadProhibited). Exception was unhandled.
Core 1 register dump:
PC : 0x400d7c9f PS : 0x00060330 A0 : 0x800d48ea A1 : 0x3ffb1f10
A2 : 0x3ffc19a0 A3 : 0x00000000 A4 : 0xffffffff A5 : 0x3ffc1a78
A6 : 0x0001fa40 A7 : 0x00000000 A8 : 0x00000000 A9 : 0x3ffb1ee0
A10 : 0x00000000 A11 : 0x00000000 A12 : 0x00000000 A13 : 0x000003c0
A14 : 0x0000021c A15 : 0x3f407a74 SAR : 0x00000011 EXCCAUSE: 0x0000001c
EXCVADDR: 0x00000000 LBEG : 0x400014fd LEND : 0x4000150d LCOUNT : 0xffffffff
Backtrace: 0x400d7c9f:0x3ffb1f10 0x400d48e7:0x3ffb1f40 0x400d5d7e:0x3ffb1f90 0x400e174b:0x3ffb1fb0 0x40088dbd:0x3ffb1fd0