Reading the FIFO buffer in the MPU6886 for the M5 Stick C.

• I've been trying to read from the FIFO buffer in the MPU6886, but have not had much luck yet. Has anyone had any success with this?

• Hello @cdknorow

have you checked out the MPU6886 library for M5Stack? It has some functions (at the bottom of the file) dealing with the FIFO. I guess those functions should work for M5StickC too.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue I did not look at that. Will check it out. I played around with this for a while and made a number of modifications to the M5Stack C MPU6886 library to enable the FIFO and try to read from it based on the MPU6886 docs I found online. No luck, unfortunately. For now, though, I'm just going to stick with the standard method of reading the IMU. Burst reads on the FIFO are definitely something I'd like enable in the future, without it I'll drop data when I start doing real-time analytics.

But for data capture over Wi-Fi that isn't an issue. I'm working on getting a nice tutorial together, here is my initial sketch https://github.com/sensiml/m5stickc_data_capture