[Core2] Home Assistant remote

• Hi there!

I just wanted to let you know that I am working on a Home Assistant remote control using an M5Stack Core2. My aim is to control the smart appliances I have (lights, blinds, and music) via the M5.

The software is written in micropyton using the micropython firmware developed by M5Stack. For the interface I use LVGL which is available by default in the M5Stack Micropython builds, and for the connection with Home Assistant I use the MQTT protocol.

There is still quite some work to be done, but I have a working interface which can control the light's states and attributes. I have some plans of my own to improve this project as it is now, but I would also like to know if you have any good suggestions on how to improve my project.

The code is available on GitHub (link below) and I encourage you to have a look/install it on your own device. At this moment I don't have instructions on how to add this to your device just yet, but I hope to make it soon!

https://github.com/hugobloem/M5Stack_HomeControl

Cheers,
    Hugo

• cool !

• Hello,

Very nice, I've the same idea, to use M5Stack as a monitor that works with HomeAssistant and MQTT. I'll take a look at your repo.

Best regards

• Can't wait to test it!