LORAWAN-UNIT-868MHZ-ASR6501 (still not working)

• Hello,
    Has anyone ever got tis device working for point to point communication between two of these devices. I have two atoms, attached to each such a device, I am able to communicate with the device through Serial2 port. But when sending a simpel string I continuously get the response : CME ERROR: 1. If I check the documentation (ASR650X AT Command Introduction), I see that the last line of the explanation of the DTRX command mentioned that "It is need to first join into the network, then send data later.". But in don't want to join any gateway? Can anyone help? Thanks

• Hello @HappyUser

lokking through the documentation I don’t see a command which would allow switching mode between Lora (point to point) and LoraWAN (cloud). I have a feeling that the at command library in the LoraWAN unit only has LoraWAN implemented. The only command which sounds like a switch between Lora and LoraWAN is ‘workmode’ but only workmode 2 seems to be implemented so far.

Note: I don’t own a LoraWAN unit, so my conclusions could be wrong.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue Thank you for your response. I also came to the conclusion that this device is not suitable for LoRa PoP applications. That is really a pity. This one is suitable for LoRa PoP (I got that one working) : M5 LORA-MODULE-868MHZ. https://shop.m5stack.com/products/lora-module-868mhz?_pos=2&_sid=e21d4a90e&_ss=r