M5Stack Core Basic, Arduino IDE, compilation terminated

• Hi!
    I'm new here.
    I want to test the M5Stack Core Basic. Windows10

• USB Driver installed
    • Board installed
    • library installed

when i want to compile an example, the compiler stops.

what am I doing wrong? can someone help me?

"
    Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows XP), Board: "M5Stack-Core-ESP32, Default 4MB with spiffs (1.2MB APP/1.5MB SPIFFS), 240MHz (WiFi/BT), QIO, 80MHz, 4MB (32Mb), 921600, Core 1, Core 1, None"

WARNUNG: Kategorie '' in der Bibliothek ESP RainMaker ist ungültig und wird auf 'Uncategorized' festgelegt
    WARNUNG: Kategorie '' in der Bibliothek WiFiProv ist ungültig und wird auf 'Uncategorized' festgelegt
    WARNUNG: Unberechtigter Ordner .github in der Bibliothek 'ESP8266 and ESP32 OLED driver for SSD1306 displays'
    In file included from c:\dokumente und einstellungen\carsten\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arduino15\packages\m5stack\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\gcc8_4_0-esp-2021r2-patch3\xtensa-esp32-elf\include\c++\8.4.0\stdlib.h:36,
    from C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Carsten\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Arduino15\packages\m5stack\hardware\esp32\2.0.3/tools/sdk/esp32/include/newlib/platform_include/assert.h:21,
    from c:\dokumente und einstellungen\carsten\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arduino15\packages\m5stack\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\gcc8_4_0-esp-2021r2-patch3\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\sys\reent.h:503,
    from C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Carsten\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Arduino15\packages\m5stack\hardware\esp32\2.0.3/tools/sdk/esp32/include/newlib/platform_include/sys/reent.h:17,
    from c:\dokumente und einstellungen\carsten\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arduino15\packages\m5stack\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\gcc8_4_0-esp-2021r2-patch3\xtensa-esp32-elf\sys-include\stdio.h:60,
    from C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Carsten\Lokale Einstellungen\Anwendungsdaten\Arduino15\packages\m5stack\hardware\esp32\2.0.3\cores\esp32/Arduino.h:27,
    from sketch\Display.ino.cpp:1:
    c:\dokumente und einstellungen\carsten\lokale einstellungen\anwendungsdaten\arduino15\packages\m5stack\tools\xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc\gcc8_4_0-esp-2021r2-patch3\xtensa-esp32-elf\include\c++\8.4.0\cstdlib:41:10: fatal error: bits/c++config.h: No such file or directory
    #include <bits/c++config.h>
    ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.

exit status 1
    Fehler beim Kompilieren.

Dieser Report hätte mehr Informationen mit
    "Ausführliche Ausgabe während der Kompilierung"
    aktiviert in Datei > Einstellungen.
    "

• I am not entirely sure with those warnings but I would start by going into the library manager in the arduino IDE and make sure the M5 stack library is updated along with all other libraries it needs.

Is this true with all examples? Try the Factory Test example to see if it compiles or just HelloWorld.

• thank you for your hint!

library m5stack latest version 0.4.0 installed.

what other libraries are required?

the same thing happens with the example faktory test.

• Well if you got as far as you did you have already installed the ESP32 boards so you can pick the correct one. I assume the core basic does still use the "M5Stack-Core-ESP32" board.

https://github.com/m5stack/m5stack

This link shows the documentation for the Grey(which I am using) and the Basic.

I can't translate all the warnings you got but the last part seems to indicate it isn't pointing to the correct config.h(or it can't find it). Config.h, i believe, is the library that is handling defining all the pins used in the stack. So without it the board has no idea what is going on.

Are you able to open other sample arduino sketches and select something like an UNO and compile just fine?

I wish I could help more. The only thing I can suggest is to step through the setup once again.

https://docs.m5stack.com/en/quick_start/m5core/arduino