Home Server Environmental monitoring
peter2cfu last edited by
I've been out of programming for about 30+years, and never really into IoT, buy not after seeing what SSP32's can do, thanks to DavesGarage a YouTube Channel, I like to start a project I had in mind for a little while no, but of course I no idea where to start.
I like to setup up environmental monitoring my home server room, I been using a red alert setup, however, it's quite underwhelming and seems flaky as best, so i like to make a suitable replacing, I like to monitor
- 3 Independent power (on/off and voltage)
- Outside/Inside Temperature and humidity
- 3 ESXI Servers (Heartbeat)
- Several IPs can be pinged.
- Door Open/Closed (read switch already in place)
- like to use the light tower if possible the rest is disposable,
- Ethernet network connectivity.
- Battery backup just in case.
- with Information compiled to a json file
- I like basic stats shown on a 10"+ LCD with the server room
I would appreciate any pointer, be gentle it my first time :)