How to start dev om M5 Core2?

• I got this module in my hand and knows nothing about it. I understand it can be powerful. How should I start?
    Which software should I use? This scratch-thing online? Can I use Visual Studio/Code with Arduino module?
    Can I use this onlinetool and then doing things in Python?

I have developed apps in Arduino using C.
    I have used Python i some development situations. Python is ok for me to use.
    I normally working with Atmega processors and using Atmel Studio and pure C.

What do I want to do with this M5?
    Connect to M5 via Wifi (what to to with that connection is another question)
    Get a LED blink
    Read a analogue/digital signal
    Later on, controlling a servo.

Would be great with some suggestions.

• Normally you use uiflow however, I have a collection of docs here https://github.com/Ajb2k3/UIFlowHandbook

• Great. I will check it out.
    I saw in UIFlow you could use Python in some cases. That gives a degree of freedom I beleive. However, learning this "scratch" (I think it is called) is not wrong. Why not using graphical language? I'm well aware of Labview. That's all graphical language.

edit: Reading some pdf:s. Great. This is what I need!

• Uiflow is built on top of Micropython and so when you feel confident, you can leave UIFlow and work directly with the Micropython core.

• @ajb2k3 Yeah. I saw the switch up in the middle. Block or Python. I understand that it is, i some way, possible to use clean code. It is great to see what code each graphic symbol creates. I will test it a few days more. I assume there is some way to use the tools on board the M5 but from compiled python code that I upload in the usual way. There is some form of operating system in the M5, I have seen.

• @haddock said in How to start dev om M5 Core2?:

@ajb2k3 Yeah. I saw the switch up in the middle. Block or Python. I understand that it is, i some way, possible to use clean code. It is great to see what code each graphic symbol creates. I will test it a few days more. I assume there is some way to use the tools on board the M5 but from compiled python code that I upload in the usual way. There is some form of operating system in the M5, I have seen.

No operating system. M5Stack devices have a modded version of Micropython which has the needed drivers built in where as mainstream micropython doesn't contain the drivers and needs them manually added.

Using mainstream Micropython makes for a cleaner, leaner, faster running system.

The catch is that you can't properly use Micropython in UIFlow as it doesn't save the code instead, you use an IDE like Thonny, MU, or VScode.