Core Ink: recognize if USB or battery powered

• Hello,

I bought the Core Ink for quick prototyping. I am very satisfied with the quality and the possibilities. What I'm missing: How can I tell if the device is USB or battery powered?
    My firmware should provide an access point with a web interface, but only if the device is not running on battery power.

Current idea: I could use the battery voltage trend to determine whether the battery is charging or discharging. For this I have to check how accurate the internal measurement is. In any case, this implementation would be very cumbersome.

Maybe there are simpler options?

• Please search the forum as this has been discussed and possible solutions created by users.

• @ajb2k3
    Thanks for the hint. Found a 3 years old thread. It is not possible to detect if it is powered from USB or battery...

• I checked again electronic circuit:
    It is possible to take some measurements on HAT interface's pin "5VIN". Measured voltages:

If powered by USB:
    ~4.7V