M5StickC Plus2 LCD Issues

• I have multiple M5StickC Plus2s that are experiencing what I can only describe as "erratic" behavior on the LCD. There's ghosting of letters when switching labels using M5TextBox(), images not drawing at all with M5Img(), screen going blank randomly and requiring a full power down.

The same code works consistent and fine on one unit, but fail miserably on a second. It feels like the LCD driver may be dying and I already have one completely dead screen.

Maybe there was a bad batch from the factory or something?

• @texasmedic
    Tried contacting mfg - was told no parts available, no support
    Hd114001t lcd screen replacement - still looking to buy

• We are seeing the same issues with a collection of the StickC Plus2 devices. We purchased 100 of the devices and about 80 of them have been used. Out of the 80 devices we have already used, we have 5 of them that have screens that have failed. We haven't put all the devices through the same rigor, so the failure rate MAY increase. But we can conservatively confirm a 6-7% failure rate on the LCDs at this time.

• UPDATE: I'm replying here so future folks can track better. We are seeing a 10% or higher failure rate on the LCD screens on the StickC Plus 2 devices. We still have about 20 of the original 100 that we haven't used yet. We'll be calling M5Stack for some RMAs to try to get working devices.

Symptoms include the LCD not refreshing, but writing additional text over existing text, text not updating inside labels at all, the LCD turning from black to completely white without being programmed to do so, and eventually the screen just remained black (and still back lit). Reloading the device does NOT fix this issue.

Also, I'm working with @texasmedic.