ESP32 BASIC

• Has there been any project to convert the ESP8266 BASIC into ESP32 and specifcally the M5Stack? I think it would be pretty incredible to have a version of BASIC that operated like uPython and the M5Cloud or even better, using the standard screen and Faces keyboard. I know a lot of people frown on BASIC, but today's BASIC doesnt have to be the mess that many of us learned programming on. Its a much more modern implementation and the ESP8266 version is suprisingly rich in its support for ESP extras.

• Have you asked Mmiscool or cicciocb?
    cicciocb is the man behind ESPBasic and Mmiscool has been a long time supporter.

• I just did.
    Unfortunately, there are similar questions on that board, languishing and unanswered from 2017 :-(

• Having a complete handheld BASIC development system has always been a dream of mine since I was in 7th grade in the 1970s. A Tandy PC-1 temporarily fulfilled that dream, but the single line of 24 characters and 2K of program stack really didn't cut it for me :-)

• Seems like a natural extension for the M5GO Project.

• You may check B4R.
    It supports ESP32.

• @loboris I will study that closer. It looks like a very interesting tool. In and of itself, it looks pretty powerful.

I'm not really looking for tool to compile basic to C. I'm already relatively OK with Arduinio projects on the Stack.

What I am really looking for is something that would work in the M5GO platform as both a legacy idle curiosity and a neat way to teach interpretive programming to others. Using a M5Stack with BASIC and FACES would be like having a pocket Commodore 64. The final idea would be to develop and save programs right on the screen and SD card but then possiblely also upload BASIC programs into some kind of exchange like Tynker has.

• @ajb2k3 It appears that www.esp8266.com, where the forum is located, is under moderator control and my inquiry about an ESP32BASIC is not being published.

• @ta2025ESP32 BASIC 中说:
    .....Using a M5Stack with BASIC and FACES would be like having a pocket Commodore 64. The final idea would be to develop and save programs right on the screen and SD card but then possiblely also upload BASIC programs into some kind of exchange like Tynker has.

Nice, Love seeing references to the venerable C=64!

Try PM'ing Mmiscool, I would do it for you but I have lost my login details :(

• @ajb2k3 I mean, isnt that exactly what the QWERTY FACES module would be good for?