M5Stick C - Cannot flash firmware

• Hi everybody,

I received my M5Stick some days ago (and it is a so great hardware ! So tiny an nice !) but don't even succeed to flash it the UITools firmware. I think for the moment it is the hardware test which is installed and running (it tells "wifi test" and after "data" in green and red).

I tryed with my MacBook Pro with MacOS Catalina, with Windows 10 on a VM and on a real PC with Windows 10 with no results.

I tryed with M5Burner ans with Arduino IDE also.

I tryed with the a wire connecting GND to G0 too.

I tryed with another USB cable too.

All the time the same error :

• When the M5Stick is OFF:
    Serial port COM3''
    Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header 

• When the M5Stick is ON :
    Serial port COM3
    Connecting.....

A fatal error occurred: Response doesn't match request

The COM3 port is looking like that in the device manager (I installed the USB serial driver CP210X ) :
    alt text

I didn't try to add a cap somewhere on the board like some folks did but I'm asking myself if this could be a solution.

Could you please guide me ? I don't know what to test now.

Thanks a lot

• M5Stack

1 . long press the power button, when the log show "Connecting.................._____."

1. seting the upload speed to 115200

2. connecting GND to G0 , when you upload program.

3. could you erase the flash? then burn the firmware again?

If none of the above works, please contact our store , thanks

• Thanks a lot for your quick answer !
    1/
    With a long press on the power button, the error message is changing a little bit :
    alt text

It can be red "Failed to connect to Espressif device" instead of "ESP 32".

2/ I already use this setting
    3/ I already do it. Do I need to wire it for firmware upload (M5Burner) and programs (Arduino IDE) ?
    4 / When I erase the flash with M5Burner I have the same error. Ones I got "Finished" instead but after the flash was not erased and the usual hardware test pgm launched...

• M5Stack

contact the store , then them will help you solve .

• I bought it on Banggood. I contacted them. The pb will be to ship another M5stick and wait for 3 weeks again... I'm in France.