M5stack Grey + M5GO bottom

• Hi,

I bought a M5GO bottom for my M5stack Grey. Because, I want to use the M5stack with Lego.

With IUFlow, I can use the MPU9250. Perfect!

But the microphone, the RGB bar, or B and C ports, do not work.

Is possible use this elements of the M5GO bottom with a M5stack Grey?

Thanks in advance.

• @calvorotas

It works. I have the m5stack fire (includes the GO bottom) and the Grey. I placed the GO bottom on the Grey core and ran through the M5GO app from the APP.LIST. I don't have any Units to test ports B and C, but I confirmed the speaker, microphone, gyro, and RGB bar all work.

Make sure you have seated the GO bottom firmly on the Grey core. Sometimes the 2x15 pin header does not make good contact. Use the M3x16 screws to attach the GO bottom to the core to ensure it is secure. Also, make sure you are using the latest v1.1.2 firmware.

• @world101

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

V1.1.2 firmare: OK
    M3x16 screws: OK
    GO bottom firmly fastened with the Grey core: OK

If I press the Grey core and the bottom, the RGB bar works. But not the microphone.
    If I change the force direction, then the microphone works, but not the RGB bar.
    When I stop the force, then the bottom doesn't work.

There is a electric problem inside GO bottom.

I will have to speak with M5Stack technical support.

Thanks again.

• @calvorotas

Ok yeah if it’s a hardware issue, the m5stack team should take care of you (after the holiday I assume)

• Hi,

Issue solved.

The problem was in the 15x2 PIN BUS of the M5Stack core.

It was been necessary to adjust all pins.

Now, it is works fine.

Thanks.

• @calvorotas said in M5stack Grey + M5GO bottom:

Hi,

Issue solved.

The problem was in the 15x2 PIN BUS of the M5Stack core.

It was been necessary to adjust all pins.

Now, it is works fine.

Thanks.

Excellent. Glad you got it working.

• @calvorotas I'm having similar issues. What is that "adjust all pins" about? Did you had any bent pins?

My 15x2 looks good, but I'm unsure what does "adjust" mean and maybe I have to do something.

Thanks!