[Solved]M5StickC firmware

• @m5stack said in M5StickC firmware:

The stickC should have the factory test code burned for default. Please make sure the hardware doesn't have any problem. If the factory test firmware couldn't ran at all as you said didn't see anything on the screen, thats not normal, please test again and let me know if the factory test code works.

The one I received did not have the factory test code on it upon arrival. Maybe mine slipped past quality control somehow. However, I was able to burn the FactoryTest.ino sketch using the Arduino IDE and it works.

• That's fine then as long as the hardware works. we will mark the mistake. Sorry for the inconvenient.

• It’s all good. Keep up the great work. I love the m5 products!

• I have upgraded via M5burner the FW of my M5Stack C to UIflow V1.2.3

Is there any way to roll back and load the origina FW for using with the Arduino IDE ??
    From M5burner not clear what is the FW for Arduino IDE

thanks
    Davide

• No need to “roll back.” The M5burner is only for UIFlow IDE. To use it with Arduino, just connect the USB from the m5stickC to your computer and upload any Arduino .ino sketch from the m5stickC examples. Follow the instructions from @salty_good above to load the correct libraries into Arduino before uploading.

• @world101 thank ,

so the same bootloader works for arduino IDE and UIflow ? if so is awesome

so what is the "original" FW that is pre-loaded?
    If I udenrstand well the UIflow V1.2.3 loads on ESP32 micro python so sounds strange to me that once you have loaded the UIFlow FW you can use also with arduino IDE (C++)

anyway I will try

D.

• @arzaman the esp32 has two cores, the firmware runs on one and user programmes run on the other core however, I was sure that Arduino programs wrote over the firmware giving access to both cores.

• @arzaman said in M5StickC firmware:

@world101 thank ,

so the same bootloader works for arduino IDE and UIflow ? if so is awesome

so what is the "original" FW that is pre-loaded?
    If I udenrstand well the UIflow V1.2.3 loads on ESP32 micro python so sounds strange to me that once you have loaded the UIFlow FW you can use also with arduino IDE (C++)

anyway I will try

D.

No it’s one FW or the other. The original FW should be uiFlow (MicroPython), at least for the recent hardware. The older hardware cores (M5Stack black or grey) shipped with a factory test Arduino sketch. All the newer hardware should ship with the uiFlow firmware.

Flashing the hardware with the Arduino IDE will overwrite the uiFlow firmware. To get it back to uiFlow (MicroPython), use m5burner.

• @world101

In my case is exactly the contrary...I got the M5Stick C with arduino bootloader FW and I burn UIflow with M5burner

Now would like to revert to arduino...but no idea how to do and where to get the bootloader

any idea ?

Davide

• @arzaman Just upload an arduino program in the normal way. It will overwrite the UIFlow bootloader and you can continue to use the devices.