[UIFlow] Capacitive Touch Blocks.

• This may sound stupid but......
    Can we have some simple blocks in UIFlow for Setting pins a Capacitive touch.
    I think Separate Cap Touch pins would be easer for new young and inexperienced programmers.

• Hi @ajb2k3 Could you elaborate a little further? do you mean some extra simple IO (input/output) functionalities?

• @zontex Yes a simple way for users to select which pin is to be used as a capacitive sensing in.
    Like the digital read pin (pinnum) block
    but
    Capacitive read pin (pinnum)

• @ajb2k3 Sounds interesting, thank you for your wish :) we will push it forward for consideration !

• @ajb2k3, @Zontex,
    I created some basic custom Touchpad blocks for capacitive touch using Block-Maker. They work on the Core (black or grey), M5StickC/C+, and M5Atom Lite/Matrix. I could not get it to work on the Core2 PortA due to some internal conflict on pins 32 and 33 that I haven’t figured out yet. If you remove the bottom micro module, it might work on the Core2 by accessing the Mbus pin 27.

Anyway, if you want to test them I can give you the m5b file.

• Hello @world101

M5Core2 has some protection circuit on each externally used GPIO line (47R series resistor and some diodes). In addition GPIO32 and GPIO33 (normally used for I2C) have pull-up resistors (5.1k each).

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue said in [UIFlow] Capacitive Touch Blocks.:

In addition GPIO32 and GPIO33 (normally used for I2C) have pull-up resistors (5.1k each).

Ah that's probably the reason. If pins 32 and 33 are assigned for I2C, that is why I'm getting a touchpad error conflict.

I wonder why it works on the M5StickC/C+. Do you know if port A on the M5StickC/C+ has the same I2C assignment, or is it just standard GPIO?

• @world101 said in [UIFlow] Capacitive Touch Blocks.:

Do you know if port A on the M5StickC/C+ has the same I2C assignment, or is it just standard GPIO?

M5StickC and M5StickC Plus do not have that I2C assignment, eg. no pull-up resistor. I've checked the schematics and did some measurements. (BTW: same is true for M5AtomLite, M5AtomMatrix and M5CoreInk.)

FWIKT M5Core2 is the only 'black' sheep in that regard.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue
    Ok thanks for the info 😀