Unit V2 Wi-Fi AP

• Hi Everyone,

I just got the Unit V2.

I did not see a new AP when connecting it to a USB power supply so I connected it to my Laptop running MacOS and a new network adapter showed up.

I was able to ssh to the device by using the default credentials. However, I was not able to login as root or using sudo. This is the error I get when trying sudo:

unitv2% sudo sh
    sudo: /usr/bin/sudo must be owned by uid 0 and have the setuid bit set

unitv2% ls -la /usr/bin/sudo
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 avahi avahi 83152 Apr 5 2021 /usr/bin/sudo

• There are more problems without "root" :(

unitv2% date -u 060511102021
    date: can't set date: Operation not permitted
    Sat Jun 5 11:10:00 UTC 2021
    unitv2% date
    Thu Jan 1 00:18:32 UTC 1970

• I'd solv it.
    You can change the device to notebook mode. There have terminal in notebook. The terminal in notebook can run command su by no password. Have a pleasure.

• I already access it by the terminal in notebook. The terminal in notebook can process su to modify it.

• @justin Thank you, I will give this a try.

• Hello,

Thanks for the valuable information in this forum. I received my UnitV2 yesterday and was quite disappointed, but after reading your comments I feel that I'm not the only one:

• no AP (although promised)
    • the USB-Network works fine under Linux (no extra driver required) and Windows (with proposed driver)
    • the installation of the new firmware 20210604 was OK - but it destroyed 01-Introduction to M5Stack UnitV2.ipynb
    • as m5stack-user I can't even delete a file in the /home/xxxx directories. sudo fails too.
    • root user works fine but who wants to work as root?
    • tests with jupyter notebook were sometimes successful but most session ended with a kernel crash. I was able to save an image as jpg but matplotlib didn't work.

So, conclusio for now: let's wait for the next update of the firmware.

Kind regards

Bernd

• This post is deleted!

• @bkircher I dunno if this is useful but i just came across this0_1624225217714_wifimode.png

• Here is the js file for the wifi button to connect....
    0_1624225419502_wifimodeapetc.png

• @m5stack Can you also reset the network configuration files in the firmware for next release?
    Reset these files if modified

dhcpcd.conf
    dnsmasq.conf
    hostapd.conf
    in /etc/

• @asmodev thank you feedback , we will check it.