VIbrator Motor Unit not working correctly

• Hello!

I just bought a bunch of Vibrator Motor Units and none of them is working correctly :/ When I plug them i can hear a little soung from the motor but the metal piece does not move.

Sometimes (after setting the Vibrator on duty on 20 in the UI Flor for instance) the metal piece starts working after a little push with the finger. But it's very light and not really vibrating.
    Does someone know why ?

I saw on the product page that there is an EasyLoader, but as I'm on Linux I can not try it. Is it the answer?

Many thanks,
    Thomas

• Hello @dailletaille

• which M5Stack device are you using?
    • how do you power it?
    • could you share the UIFlow code?
    • have you tried the Arduino example?

Thanks
    Felix

• @dailletaille 20?
    I'm sure it needs to be 100 but don't know the exact range

• @felmue hello Felix thanks for your answer!
    I'm using a M5StickC. I try to plug it to my computer and to a power socket, it doesn't change anything :/
    the UIFlow code is a very simple test code:
    0_1636040693532_Screenshot 2021-11-04 at 16-43-58 M5Flow.png
    And no I didn't tried Arduino example, what is it?

• @ajb2k3 Hey :) I've tried different values (including 100) and none of them worked :/

• Hello @dailletaille

I don't know if something's broken in UIFlow or not properly adapted to M5Stick and I don't own a vibration motor unit. But using the Set vibrator0 on by duty 100 block I only measure about 0.5 V at GPIO32 which controls the speed of the motor. This seems much to low to me. I'd expect 3.3 V at max. duty cycle.

That said, you could try and use the Hardwares - Easy I/O - analog write pin 32 duty 100 instead. This should give you full throttle.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue oh! I didn't know about this Easy I/O node. I'll try that and let you know how it went. Thanks a looot
    EDIT : I just tried it and it worked like a charm! thank you so much. Above the red pin of the motor, it is written "5V". So no wonder it didn't worked as expected with 0,5V :/ Maybe we could point this out to someone at M5 so they can solve this?
    0_1636100256085_0aad87d8-3df7-46e4-8e9f-b689b5c96959-image.png

• This post is deleted!

• Hello @dailletaille

glad it worked. Thank you for reporting back. My guess is something's wrong with the UIFlow block - it would not be the first time.

BTW: the GPIO output is not directly connected to the motor; there is a MOSFET in between to translate between 3.3 V and 5 V. But 0.5 V is definitely too low for it to fully switch on. See schematic here.

Thanks
    Felix