Core2 and M5GFX

• I'm working on a project that will include a touch user interface. I've already been using the general display functions from within M5Core2.h, but today I found M5GFX?

There's isn't much information on Github, so I just wanted to ask, what's the difference from using M5Core2.h vs. M5GFX?

• Hello @Minxster

a lot of functionality in M5Core2.h has been developed by @Rop and has then been adopted by M5Stack. The code is a bit older and only covers M5Core2. On the other hand the M5GFX library is more universal, covers all current M5Stack devices and is more recent.

Thanks
    Felix

• Thanks @felmue for posting back on this topic. Would you say it's beneficial to use the newer M5GFX library?

• Hello @Minxster

I haven't looked into either of the two libraries in depth so it's difficult to say which will be more helpful for your particular M5Core2 project. @Rop was very active for a while but then moved on to non M5Stack related things I guess.

That said, in the past M5Stack engineers weren't too busy adding new features (or fixing bugs) in their libraries once a particular piece of software has been out. So I don't expect too much activity in the M5GFX library except maybe small adaptions to support new M5Stack devices which have a screen.

Thanks
    Felix

• Thanks @felmue. Thanks for taking the time to post back :-D... Luckily for me I'm bogged-down in user interface shenanigans (reading/processing/displaying touch inputs) so I've not really had time to look more closely at the library. I'm only a novice (noob) programmer in that I've not done it for over 25 years now LOL

But sadly it means it's hard for me to understand the source files sometimes. Which is why it's a shame there isn't any documentation about the library.

I'll have another stab at understanding it when I get my touch/UI sorted out a bit better.

Thanks, Minxster