M5StickC Plus arduino 8Servos HAT v1.1 example missing in repository

• Hi.

When I follow the link for the arduino examples in the 8Servos Hat documentation pages I get an 404 error.
    I.e. the links found on this page:
    https://docs.m5stack.com/en/hat/hat_8servos_1.1

And in deed, they seems to be missing from the repository.

But in another local project (platform io), I can see that the folders exists in the .pio example section.
    However there (in the 8SERVO_V1.1 example), it tries to include a HAT_8SERVO.h file, which seems to be missing from the example folder.

Is there a better location I should go to, to find this example?
    Or has this file simply just been forgotten in a commit?
    (Or am I simply missing a include library or somthing?)

I hope you can help getting me past this issue.

• Hello @KjaerN

the 8Servos HAT examples seem to be here. The M5StickCPlus ino file is here. And the file you mentioned is here.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi Felix.

Thaks for your repply, and sorry for my late resonse.
    I had some issues logging in again after I created my account.

Your links got the example code to at least build.
    But once uploaded to the board I never get past "Connect Error" in the setup.

I have two hats, and two M5StickCPlus, and same issue on both.
    So guess I still have some troubleshuting to do.

• @kjaern did you ever get the 8Servos HAT v1.1 working? I just purchased one and was able to compile the code, but also never get past "Connect Error". I've also tried this with 2 different hats.

Regards,

Jay

• Hello guys

in this file M5Hat-8Servos/src/Hat_8Servos.cpp try replacing this line

_wire->begin(_sda, _scl);

with

_wire->begin((int)_sda, (int)_scl);

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue, It worked!!! Thanks! If I had a way to use this device to pour you a beer over the cloud, I would do so.

Regards,

Jay

• Hello @makingwaves

cool, thanks for reporting back.

@m5stack: Please check out this pull-request. Thank you.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi @felmue,

Thanks for pointing out the pull request. Does this mean that the change would show up as a library update in the Arduino library manager once the pull request is processed?

I also will be taking a closer look at the info you've put on your website on M5Stack resources. I'm fairly new in working with M5Stack and ESP32 in general, and have been using a mix of IDE 2.0 and the Web Editor. Both platforms seem to have their pros and cons. I'm also using Arduino IoT Cloud to create "Things" that support shared variables in the cloud, which simplifies the development for a lot of basic applications. To use this, however, you have to initiate projects in IoT Cloud, which you can then pull and push to IDE 2.0. At present, you can't create new IoT Cloud "Things" from the IDE.

Thanks,

Jay

• Hello @makingwaves

my pull-request has been accepted and merged. But I am not sure if and when it will show up as a library update as I am not familiar with that mechanism. That said, the change should be included if you re-install the library manually.

Thank you for taking an interest in the M5Stack info I've put together. Hopefully you'll find something useful to you.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi @felmue,

I see on GitHub that your pull request has been merged, but it hasn't yet been published as a new version release of the Arduino library (which I confirmed by uninstalling and reinstalling the library). The latest library version is still set as release 0.0.2 from July 24, which indicates that there are 2 commits that have been made (yours and Tinyu's) since the release. Not sure what M5Stack's process is for releasing new versions of libraries, but it is interesting to see how sausage is made.