Flashlight Module: How to use it with PWM

• Dear forum members,

I hope this message finds you all well. Currently, I am working in a project that involves utilizing the M5Stack Timer Camera F within the ESP-IDF (Espressif IoT Development Framework) environment. As I progress with my project, I have encountered a problem regarding the functionality and proper usage of the FlashLight module, which operates through a 1-wire interface.

I have looked at the example, but I was unable to reproduce the behavior in the ESP-IDF environment.

Based on the documentation provided for the UNIT FlashLight module , it is mentioned that the module can be controlled using PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) techniques. I was able to use the flashlight using pwm on the "S" pin of the module. However, I have noticed that in practice, achieving smooth regulation of the light intensity is proving challenging. When attempting to use smaller values for duty cycles, the light fails to power on. Additionally, it appears that the module primarily functions reliably for higher duty cycles.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, experiences, or suggestions you may have in addressing this matter. If anyone has successfully used the UNIT FlashLight module with the ESP-IDF environment and has overcome similar challenges, your input would be immensely helpful.

Thank you in advance for your valuable time and support.

Best regards,

Simone