Using external voltage

• Hello, how can i turn on m5dial with external 12voltage without using USB C and board? If it has to be in the program, please do it in Blocks in uiflow

• Hello @PPKOVY

when you apply 6 - 36 V to the green DC power connector in the back M5Dial gets powered and starts to run.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue
    0_1708034667632_IMG_8469.jpeg

When I do it like this, it doesn't turn on

• Hello @PPKOVY

ok, I see. Well with the M5StampS3 (board) removed there is no ESP32S3, e.g. no micro controller - all that is left is some hardware: button, rotary encoder, LCD and connectors. In other words, w/o micro controller there is nothing to control the remaining hardware.

What exactly do you want to achieve with your M5Dial with M5StampS3 removed?

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue
    Oh ok i thought it was similar to m5core2 sorry my mistake.
    anyway with m5core i used 4 relays via i2c.

https://shop.m5stack.com/products/4-relay-unit

How to set i2c to work in m5dial?
    I can't program in python, so if it could be explained in blocks in uiflow?
    I need to program 1 inputs and 3 relays
    Thank you

• Hello @PPKOVY

no worries.

Well, it looks like the 4-relay-unit has not been added to the units list in UIFlow2 (v2.0.1). You'll need to either wait until M5Stack engineers add it to the list or use I2C blocks to control the relays. The documentation is here - section Protocol.

If you don't want to wait and use I2C blocks, I'd suggest you start with the I2C Init and scan device blocks to see if M5Dial can detect the 4-relay-unit.

BTW: what do you mean by 1 input. The 4-relay-unit doesn't have any inputs.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hello @PPKOVY

I put some I2C blocks together to control the 4 relays unit from M5Dial.

You can find the example in the UIFlow2 cloud - Project Zone. It is called: M5Dial_4RelayUnit_UIFlow2.0.1

Thanks
    Felix