Monitor serial output in Uiflow

• Re: Monitor serial output in Uiflow
    Hi, is there a possibility of seeing console output when using UIflow via wifi. This would be important as output is essential for debugging.
    Thanks

• As long as you still have a USB cable connected, it appears that serial (?) output is available in M5Burner, click on "COM Monitor."

I don't know how to write to it, however. I would first give Serial a try. You'll need to guess your baud rate first.

As far as using Wifi is concerned, I suspect the way to to create a socket and read/write to it.

• @wsanders Thanks for your reply but I don't see any possibility of doing that in uniflow (M5burner) with the online version nor with the Desktop version. When I click on COM it only gives the possibility of chosing /dev/ttyUSB0 or similar and on clue of a console ouput.
    As for the socket where do you have to implement that? can you please provide more details and mention if you have evidence that this has been done successfully?
    Thanks

• @wsanders I finally succeded, using wiifi for connection to uiflow and cutecom to connect to /dev/ttyUSB0 (on linux) I do get the serial ouput!
    Thanks for your advice, any idea on how to implement the socket to do everything via wifi?

• @dave17 There are a few options avaiable to you in UIFlow, none of which I can help with because I have never used them in UIFlow. These are all in the "advanced" section:

• "Socket": Looks like it supports UDP but not TCP. That would be your best option if you could deal with an occasional dropped packet.
    • "HTTP": Is is a client only, but you could pass information in custom HTTP headers, or in the request itself.
    • "MQTT: Never used it, but this is a protocol for IoT device to exchange messages with a central server, maybe one you set up yourself.

Good luck!

• @wsanders OK thanks, I will look into that

• UIFLow does not have a debug console as it requires a direct serial connection between the computer and core which the WEB IDE doesn't yet have (when web browsers properly implement USB functions then maybe this may happen) the desktop version is depreciated and hasn't been updated since 2020 and not to be used.

• @ajb2k3

When using the UIFlow Desktop-IDE , serial connection is available using the USB connection.

In my opinion, it's a bad idea to stop supporting the Uiflow-Dekstop IDE as it helps debugging the applications more efficiently as using the web version.

• @sgu The new we versions have terminal access but its only usable in Chrome web browser and the other web browsers do not support webs access yet.

• @ajb2k3 How do we send to that "web console". I can se the console in Chrome, but can't figure how to send data to it.

• You type in code next to the >>> prompt and it gets run live on the core in REPL mode

• My fault, sorry, I explained unproperly.

How do we send information from our code to the console, i.e. to print debug messages?

Sorry if it's a very noob question but I haven't figured the block to use.

• In Uiflow/micropython you use the "print" command to send data to the serial console.