Cannot use UIFlow with Atom Lite

• I used M5Burner to write UIFlow_Lite v1.9.6 for the ATOM Lite to my device. It has sucessfully connected to my WiFi, and I have provided the API key on UIFlow.

When clicking Run in UIFlow, it connects to the device, and the COM Monitor on the device spits this out:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "flow/m5cloud.py", line 105, in _exec_data
      File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
    NameError: name '__VERSION__' isn't defined

I have tried different versions of the firmware but they all produce this result. I have only just got my device, so I haven't got UIFlow to work at all yet.

• Hello @ahorner

works for me here. Tried with firmware 1.9.6 and 1.7.5. I do not get this error.

Could you share the actual code you tried to run? Have you tried to erase and re-burn the firmware? (Please note: if you do, the API key will change.)

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue Hi Felix,

A full erase and reburn, with a change of API key, has corrected the problem. Doh! How did I not already try this?!?!

Many thanks,

Alex

• Hello @ahorner

thank you for reporting back. I am glad to hear you've got it working.

Thanks
    Felix

• @felmue Hi Felix

Unfortunately, I am back,

It appears if I reset or unplug and plug back in (effective reset) the device, the issue comes back.

The device will only work after an erase, burn and connect to UIFlow. Once connected, I can run as much as I like. Any disconnect appears to "kill" the device with the aformentioned python error on the COM Monitor until I do another erase, burn and connect etc,

Thanks,

Alex

• Hello @ahorner

I am sorry to hear. Very strange indeed. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue. Maybe somebody else has an idea about what might be going on?

Thanks
    Felix

• Bump on this one, anyone know what might be going on? Thanks!

• @ahorner IIRC I received this error on an M5StickC Plus when the firmware version and UIFlow version did not match.

• @wsanders Hi there, I am using the latest firmware with the latest UIFlow

• I've been experiencing a similar issue with two recently purchased ATOM Lite devices. However I couldn't even connect at all with UI flow on version 1.9.5.

I've been using the vscode extension as I find it to work butter than using UI Flow Desktop and Web. But still need to flash the device constantly.

Although I can successfully download and run the code, I can't get it to run in App mode, I suspect the OP might have the same problem.

• @slavs Hi there, to you and to everyone:

I contacted M5Stack support and have received a reply. This issue is a known firmware bug with the ATOM Lite.

They said:

Hi Alex,
    Yes. We confirmed that's a bug. We will fix it in recently version.
    Currently now, you can click 'reflash' button before downloading the firmware, which should work.
    0_1651864638737_Catch.jpg

• @ahorner thanks for letting know!

• It appears this bug is fixed, not in the firmware, but in the latest version of UIFlow!