Replacement for Tube pressure sensor

• Hi

I have the tube pressure sensor connected to port B on an M5stack Core 2 using the M5GO Battery Bottom2. All works OK but the resolution/range is not fine enough for my project. I do however have another little circuit board I was using on an Arduino IOT 33 that I'd like to use. It's a simple unit that only requires VCC,GND,SCK and OUT. I'm hoping to put it in an external unit and plug it in. All seems pretty easy apart from SCK. How would I get that signal to an external unit from the M5?

Bipman

• @bipman Are you programming in Arduino?
    If so, what is the device part name?

• Hi. I am indeed. The part is from China (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/193482839640) and uses the HX711 library.

Steve

• SCK and out or DOUT ?
    Sounds like a 2 wire aka I2C device not an analogue device. You need to find the data sheet for the part and find out how it communicates and if there is an existing module/driver for it!

• Hi

The output is a DOUT as the module contains an HX710B A/D converter. Really simple to use with for example on an Arduino IOT 33 SCLK goes to SCK, DOUT going to any digital in pin and vcc,ground. The only connection I cannot work out is how to connect to sck from an external unit.

Steve

• I've checked all three port types so it's easy to see where everything is but I can't see how to get the SCK line into a plug-in module (not base) via say port A (red).

Steve

• Hello @Bipman

port A on M5Core2 should be fine if you don't need external I2C.

Maybe this tutorial can help? On ESP32 almost any function can be mapped to almost any GPIO (unlike Arduino boards) and therefore on ESP32 SCK isn't required to go to a specific clock pin it can go to any GPIO.

Thanks
    Felix

• I shall take a look thanks!

Steve