makey

• I am having some difficulty understanding the makey unit. I can make it beep if I put one end of a wire in the LED pin and touch other end of the wire to various pins. I get some sounds playing through the m5stack speaker and some on the makey's buzzer. Why are there multiple pins with the same number. Should I be able to just touch the pins with my hand and register a touch. Also can you explain how to use this device in UIFLOW. Again I can get a few beeps from the makey using UIFLOW but I'm not sure I understand the pins to use or how to work with the makey blocks. It did make some great beeps and I am excited to use. Last question is does the firmware on the mega328 ever need to be updated. thanks

• @jpilarski said in makey:

I am having some difficulty understanding the makey unit. I can make it beep if I put one end of a wire in the LED pin and touch other end of the wire to various pins. I get some sounds playing through the m5stack speaker and some on the makey's buzzer. Why are there multiple pins with the same number. Should I be able to just touch the pins with my hand and register a touch. Also can you explain how to use this device in UIFLOW. Again I can get a few beeps from the makey using UIFLOW but I'm not sure I understand the pins to use or how to work with the makey blocks. It did make some great beeps and I am excited to use. Last question is does the firmware on the mega328 ever need to be updated. thanks

This is the biggest issue that takes getting used to when moving from Atmega to esp32. The Atmega's pins are "Set function" in arduino however the esp32 using a mux controller to control the pins resaulting in a matrix of multi function I/O pins that need to have functions set in code.