UiFlow 2.0 discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings)

• This post is deleted!

• RGB software element is not working - color can't be changed

• Core2 firmware - start screen doesn't refresh User account until navigated out and back in

• Device manager - apps - ability to open app in editor needed.

I tend to store there the apps, so I'd like to load them from device same as in UiFlow1

• Slider unit missing

• Perhaps previously reported, but I don't see the "red port" rotary encoder unit (U135) in UIFLOW2. Any ideas?

Alpha-24
    V2.0.0

0_1694222934142_Capture.JPG

• @IAMLIUB0

Hi,

do developers of UIFlow are reading M5Stack Community Forum, to take into account the bugs we can encounter, or is there any special bug report to do somewhere else?

I notified few months ago and also recently, that UIFlow 2.0 doesn't work with Apple IOS, while UIFlow 1.12 works correctly, in term of creating designing UI items...

Thank you for your feedback

Pascal

• Hi there,

Sorry I just need a confirmation: Alpha-26: Is it right built-in Infrared is not (yet, hopefully) supported on the M5StickC PLUS? I cannot find IR in the integrated hardware menu.

Also, I have noticed support for M5StickC Plus 2 , is it an upgraded M5StickC Plus not out yet? I am very interested ;)

Thanks for your answers!

• Hi @erich,

There's a snippet here about StickPlus2
    https://twitter.com/M5Stack/status/1682320261708926977

Also interested, but it seems a limited spec change to overcome obsolescence. If there is work being done on the IR code blocks, it would be a nice feature to get full NEC IR code support.

• @gavin67890 thanks a lot for the link!

I agree it does not look much different from the current stickcplus. Also I see it was supposed to be launched end of July… let’s wait and see

• This post is deleted!

• Hi,

Just picked up some M5 Dials, they're great. Could we possible get BLE GATT support in UIFlow 2? The UART blocks are great, but allowing services/characteristics/notifications with BLE would open up for interacting with various BLE based IoT devices easily.

• @erich

Here's the FCC submission for M5StickC Plus 2 include internal and external photos:

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=6654502

Apparent differences to M5StickC Plus 1.1:

• AXP192 is removed as it is end-of-line
    • Magnet is now one small disc instead of two small bars
    • battery lead is socketed
    • now one board instead of two
    • IC is ESP32-PICO-V3-02 instead of ESP32-PICO-D4 (now doesn't support external PSRAM, not relevant though). PICO-V3 has extra pin 20 for internal use.
    • 200mAh battery instead of 120mAh
    • Not clear where the buzzer is or whether there is no buzzer - not on the inside back as per M5 Stick C Plus.
    • The rear sticker shows a few differences in internal GPIO pin allocations.

The twitter post @gavin67890 linked to says its been delayed due to some further changes though.

• @bazman thanks!

• Hi Everyone,

I am using an M5Stack CoreS3 and UIFlow2 Alpha-27.

I am new to ESP32 and M5Stack, so not sure if this is a bug in UIFlow2, MicroPython, or it is expected behavior and my understanding of the way it should work is incorrect... :-)

I am trying to update labels with values on a regular basis, the label is in front of a rectangle and the background of the label is the same color as the foreground of the rectangle.
    However, it seems that when I update the label text, and the length of the text is smaller than the previous length, it leaves an empty space at the back of the label with the background color. I.e., it does not re-render the 'missing part' of the rectangle.
    I could redraw the rectangle after the update, but then the rectangle will overwrite the text.
    I could redraw the rectangle and then rewrite the text, but if the value has not changed, it will not write it on the screen and it remains hidden.
    The only way to do it is to make the label text empty, draw the rectangle, and then fill the label text with the new value.
    That seems like a lot of work just to update a single text label, it also sometimes introduces a flicker (I have quite a number of labels to update)

Is this a bug ? And is there any way around this (without having to clear and redraw all the screen elements one-by-one)?

Here is a minimum program to show the issue:
    0_1699019446284_Screenshot 2023-11-03 214924.png

And the output:
    0_1699021772200_Screenshot 2023-11-03 222854.png

Thanks

Richard

• @iamliubo m5dial is not fully suported missing NFC ... Also i have nice IR python script for raw codes (without decoding) is there a option to make a module from it...

I spend some time reading comments above... and started to think i made mistake trying to use m5stack devices ...

• Hello guys

Hardware: M5AtomS3 core, PaHUB unit and EXTIO2 unit (connected to channel 5 of the PaHUB).
    Firmware: UIFlow 2.0.0 Alpha-28

The UIFlow block Init extio2_0 generates the following Micropython code:

extio2_0 = EXTIO2Unit(PAHUB(i2c=i2c0, channel=5))

which results in a runtime error: NameError: name 'PAHUB' isn't defined.

The correct (for me working) code is:

extio2_0 = EXTIO2Unit(PAHUBUnit(i2c=i2c0, channel=5))

e.g. instead of PAHUB it shoud be PAHUBUnit.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi.
    As @felmue mentioned in the previous post uiflow is generating wrong code for the pahub. When can we expect this to be corrected? I guess uiflow has the problem?

Best Regards
    JOn Magnus Dullerud

• The M5Stack Core S3 is now released for 6 Months and still the uiflow 2.0 is in beta phase and supports 2 Mopdules only.
    I'm asking me for what the Core S3 can be used ?.

In the M5 Burner, there is no UI Flow 1.x for the Core S3!

So at the moment the Core S3 has only limited functionality with the UI Flowe in alpha version.

Is this the quality of M5 Stack ?

• hardware: core 2 for aws
    Firmware: UIFlow 2.0.0 Alpha-28

When I choose run once my .py file in APP.LIST(or APP.RUN). It always said some modules not define.
    Choose Run always would work though.

I think is some problems about import module
    because I tried "M5.Widgets.fillScreen(0x222222)" instead " Widgets.fillScreen(0x222222)", and it works.

My imports have two of these:
    import M5
    from M5 import *