UiFlow 2.0 discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings)

• @ajb2k3 said in UiFlow 2.0 Alpha verison discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings):

@flex Some people and groups cant use the cloud platform and so local programming like with the microbic and RPI is needed for them

This is true. If you build an internal application for a company on the internal network, the devices will not have cloud access or they have to switch always the wlan.
    A Desktop uiflow version is still a good alternative to the cloud version !

• Ui Flow 2.0 looks nice. But it lacks functionality.
    Tested with a new Core S3 and wanted to test out the built in Camera. But how to do it either in micropython or with blockly ?

Once you start selling the devices, the software must be ready and support all features of the device.

In my case I wanted to test the camera if it is possible to use the built in camera as a barcode reader, this would be a great application.

Second question to uiflow 2.0: Where have the examples gone ?
    Even as an experienced programme, the demos are a good starting point for testing out a device or a unit.

Third question: How about the support of the stackable-modules for the Core S3 ? How to access them in the UiFlow 2.0 ? can we reuse the modules for the older M5 Stack models ?

• @sgu UIFLOW2 and the S3 generation are in alpha test only. From what I can see there are some issues with the pins that could mean that modules won’t work. There are no examples because none have been made yet. I am working on documentation but as UIFlow is in alpha and prone to change then documentation is slow going including the documentation of the various API’S buried in the firmware.

• Hi there,
    I tried to do something but uiflow2 is somehow confusing:
    I was able to burn uifllw 2.0 on my atom s3 thank to adam!
    Now I wanted to play with it: so I changed the bacground colour! this worked.
    Now I was looking to other option as he one found for the stick C plus (IMU and so on) but those are0_1687691175164_uiflow2_ no option.png not available for the atoms3...
    0_1687691191201_uiflow1_ all options.png the second picture is from uiflow where all hardware options are listed... even the remote + options which is very promissing to me if I achieve that. but I cannot delete all at once...I cannot see the end of the window so I cannot delete everything...or clear to start from scratch on microsoft edge...
    boring somehow0_1687691546600_graph tempersture options.png

• You need to click on "Hardware" under the picture of the Atom S3, then click on the hardware option to use it.IMU is there and was working.

• I see- the page view was cropped too tight..
    I did reset those now I see those...
    this is idiotic but ar least I can get it now.
    I wanted to get the remote +
    Will it be enable in the future?

• alas, I don't know

• @ajb2k3 said in UiFlow 2.0 Alpha verison discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings):

alas, I don't know
    what people use instead?

• @sgu said in UiFlow 2.0 Alpha verison discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings):

Ui Flow 2.0 looks nice. But it lacks functionality.
    Tested with a new Core S3 and wanted to test out the built in Camera. But how to do it either in micropython or with blockly ?

New firmware support camera now :-)

Once you start selling the devices, the software must be ready and support all features of the device.
    In my case I wanted to test the camera if it is possible to use the built in camera as a barcode reader, this would be a great application.

Now it only supports basic functions such as image display, and does not support high-level functions such as recognizing barcodes.

Second question to uiflow 2.0: Where have the examples gone ?
    Even as an experienced programme, the demos are a good starting point for testing out a device or a unit.

We will add the example as soon as possible. Considering that it is still in the alpha stage, we still need to do the final API review. In short, we will add the example as soon as possible.

Third question: How about the support of the stackable-modules for the Core S3 ? How to access them in the UiFlow 2.0 ? can we reuse the modules for the older M5 Stack models ?

Yeah, any module or uint or hat will support in uiflow2.0, just need a little time to made this, sorry for this, we will do our best.

• @teastain said in UiFlow 2.0 Alpha verison discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings):

@iamliubo can someone from M5Stack please check the AtomS3 GitHub “Issues”.
    I have one outstanding and another question to ask, but no one is there?

This issue? Seem fixed, thanks for report this!

• Hello guys

I think in addition to the filters it would be beneficial to have some sort of sort order (e.g. alphabetically) for items listed under Software, Hardware and Unit.

The reason I am asking is that often times (also in UIFlow 1) I scroll through the Unit list up and down; missing the one unit I want to add multiple times before finally spotting it.

Thanks
    Felix

• Hi,

for the UI, it would really be a work-saver if you could create multiple UI pages that can then be easily switched.

• Is there an estimated date when micropython code deploying/running using UiFlow 2.0 to the S3 will be supported? All our projects are written in micropython for the S2 and we cannot migrate over to the S3.

• S3 devices are supported as that was the reason five the UIFlow2 version.

• Hello @IAMLIUBO

M5CoreS3 - UIFlow2 alpha 21 - SDCard issues:

• the Init SDCard with block has everything pre-selected correctly except for CS. It should be GPIO4 (not GPIO3).
    • when the program is Run a second time, it stops at the Init SDCard with block. I guess that is because the SDCard has already been initialized. After that the M5CoreS3 needs to be reset manually. What am I missing?

Apart from that I can access the SDCard and show the listing on the screen.

Thanks
    Felix

• 0_1690037139353_IMG_5818.jpg
    Graphics functions are not lining up.

• @jhd2023

yeah, but we need support lvgl first. if don't use lvgl it's very hard to manage the multiple pages.....

• @joeoakes said in UiFlow 2.0 Alpha verison discuss(how-to, bug, feature request or sometings):

Is there an estimated date when micropython code deploying/running using UiFlow 2.0 to the S3 will be supported? All our projects are written in micropython for the S2 and we cannot migrate over to the S3.

We already support many S3 boards, if you are use micropython develop the device, i think it will very easy migrate to S3, because micropython API is cross-platform?

• No RGB LED in Units.
    Can you also add the ability to use HSL colour values to the RGB LED (as well as the existing RGB/Hex/Palette modes)?

• Let me start by saying that I love the way UIFlow2 is going. It seems a lot more logical (with the ability to include selected software / hardware / etc features). With that said, I do have a few questions related specifically to the Atom S3 (with the display):

• Any idea when (if?) the new Atomic QR-Reader will be added to UIFlow 2 (or docs for using it with the UART options)? I haven't had any luck with it so far (couple of hours playing around with it).

• Is the LED light (behind the "reset" button) accessible? If I try to use the LED (BuiltIn) it throws an error.

• I have a use case for the Atom S3 as a clock in an environment with no WiFi. The "RTC" functionality seems to "work" but isn't battery backed up. I've added a "Songhe DS3231SN Real Time Clock Module AT24C32" from Amazon that communicates via I2C (and has a rechargeable battery) but the RTC hardware doesn't have a way to point to the external RTC (seems to be pointing to the internal or maybe just pulling from WiFi when I have WiFi). Suggestions?