Core2 resets when recoding from build in microphone

• I recently bought the core2 because it has a build in mic, speaker and much more. Great!

But I can't get the mic to work in UIflow (online and app) or Arduino IDE. Both the most recent version.

Even the most basic Blocky makes the Core2 reset when running it.
    0_1679585223920_8421186e-9b42-44c3-80de-974b43a269b9-image.png
    It does create a audio file, in my case 'test.wav', but it is 0 bites. Also if i save it to the SD card.

The mic is working correctly because the factory test works fine.

I also own a M5stickC-plus (a few). In UIflow there is no mic option, but it workes fine in Adruino IDE.

So, what is going on? It seems to be a serious problem for years now, but why is nobody doing something about it?

I bought it because if the mic and speaker.

Please help me!

• Yes Remco I have found the same issue with the microphone on the Core 2.
    It does create an audio file to my SD card but it is 0 bites.
    And yes this simple Blocky record function makes the Core 2 crash and restart.

• @kombistack Damn, just stumbled into this issue also. I'm guessing there is still no fix?

• Hello @m5stack team

I can confirm that trying to record (a 1 second long wav) from the microphone to SD card on an M5Core2 using UIFlow 1.11.8 fails and crashes the M5Core2 with the following error in the debug log:

[0;31mE (259807) I2S: Error malloc dma buffer␛[0m
    /home/m5/M5-Workspace/esp-idf-for-m5/components/freertos/queue.c:1802 (vQueueDelete)- assert failed!

Thanks
    Felix

• With the Core 2's microphone, I discovered the identical problem. My SD card does receive a created audio file, but it contains 0 bites. And sure, the Core 2 crashes and restarts when using this straightforward Blocky record method.

I recently bought the core2 because it has a build in mic, speaker and much more. Great!

But I can't get the mic to work in UIflow (online and app) or Arduino IDE. Both the most recent version.

Even the most basic Blocky makes the Core2 reset when running it.
    0_1679585223920_8421186e-9b42-44c3-80de-974b43a269b9-image.png
    It does create a audio file, in my case 'test.wav', but it is 0 bites. Also if i save it to the SD card.

The mic is working correctly because the factory test works fine.

I also own a M5stickC-plus (a few). In UIflow there is no mic option, but it workes fine in Adruino IDE.

So, what is going on? It seems to be a serious problem for years now, but why is nobody doing something about it?

I bought it because if the mic and speaker. https://community.m5stack.com/bubble shooter/post/15992

Please help me!

• @Remco @giftedfinance @djh82uk bug is fixed and the next firmware version 1.12.2 is supported

• This post is deleted!

• I just tried to record a simple .wav file via the built in microphone on my core2 with the M5Go Bottom2 using the blocky 'record to file' block. I am using UI flow 1.12.2 on my core2 and yes it does record and I can play the .wav file back but even at max volume of 6 the sound is very faint.