Arduino IDE 2.3.2 M5Stamp C3, M5Unified ping time out

• M5Unified 0.1.13 installed. Empty sketch. Takes long time to compile and then ping time out by the compiler.
    Any idea?
    #include <M5Unified.h>

void setup() {
    // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
    // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

• @happyuser Perhaps the sketch is 'too' empty.
    You should put a delay(100); in the Loop or it will jam up with too short cycle time.
    Is the Board Type in the Arduino IDE comm window 'M5StampC3'?

• Thanks,
    Tried it also with a small sketch, same issue. I think it is related to the combination of M5StampC3 board and the M5Unified library.

• @happyuser OK, the Stamp series (generally) don't need a library, just the code adjusted for their pinout and other specs.
    Try compiling and uploading without the unified library.
    Use serial print to test if code is running.
    -Terry

• On GitHub it says :
    Supported devices (ESP32-C3)

M5STAMPC3 / C3U

I assume this refers to the Stamp C3 product. If so, it would be fair to assume that M5Unified is compatible with that device. It think the Arduino compiler has serious trouble compiling it.

• Hello @HappyUser

it is correct that M5StampC3 is supported by M5Unified library, but I can confirm that the library currently doesn't compile due to errors in Mic_Class.cpp and Power_Class.cpp.

I suspect that since there isn't much to gain from using a library like M5Unified for a stamp product (as @teastain already mentioned), M5Stack engineers aren't that alert in keeping the library updated.

Thanks
    Felix